One of the North’s most famous hotels has opened a new chapter in its history by unveiling an opulent and contemporary room dedicated to its afternoon tea experience.
The Midland in Manchester, which has been serving its renowned afternoon tea to guests for more than 100 years, has created The Tea Room at The Midland – an elegant space overlooking the city’s St Peter’s Square.
It is the only setting in Manchester dedicated entirely to afternoon tea, with its own dedicated and expert uniformed waiting team and an exclusive ‘Chefs Counter’, where guests can watch the hotel’s expert pastry team preparing the sandwiches and pastries.
A new menu has been launched as part of The Tea Room experience, and the hotel has worked with a number of local suppliers in order to source the highest-quality ingredients and to create dishes unique to The Midland.
The menu features a range of delicious sandwiches that put a modern twist on traditional afternoon tea fayre, including prawn and crayfish Rockefeller on spinach bread and English cucumber with Hendrick’s gin and apple compote on dark malt bread.
Tradition is maintained with the freshly-baked scones, served with Mrs Darlington’s jams and clotted cream, but an indulgent new selection of pastries includes Valrhona Guanaja chocolate torte with feuilletine and gold leaf, and a roasted pecan tart with maple syrup jelly and caramel mousse.
Guests can also choose from an extensive range of bespoke loose-leaf teas, including blends that are exclusive to The Midland.
Christopher Wayne-Wills, general manager at the QHotels-owned The Midland, said: “You could say The Tea Room has been 114 years in the making.
“The Midland has been serving afternoon tea since it first opened its doors in 1903. By creating a beautifully-designed, contemporary and superbly positioned room specifically for this purpose, we’re opening an exciting new chapter in the hotel’s glittering history.
“We’ve combined the best of tradition, such as uniformed waiting staff, with modern twists to the menu and exclusive tea blends, to create a truly special afternoon tea experience.
“Our aim is for The Tea Room at The Midland to become renowned for afternoon tea not just in the North but nationally.”
Afternoon tea at The Midland is served daily between 1pm and 4.30pm and costs £25 per person, while the Royal Afternoon Tea – which includes a glass of Champagne – is £32 per person.
Bookings for The Tea Room can be made online at www.tearoomatthemidland.co.uk or by calling The Midland on 0161 235 4782.
The Midland also features two of the North’s finest restaurants: the recently-refurbished Adam Reid at The French, and the award-winning Mr Cooper’s House & Garden.
If you have a question, need a few pictures or simply want to pay us a visit… you only have to ask:
QHotels Press Team Tel: +44 (0) 113 88 00 444 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
– QHotels was founded in 2003 by Managing Director, Michael Purtill; Finance Director, Ian Goulding and investment company, Alchemy Partners.
– The QHotels portfolio started with two hotels in 2003 and has now grown to 26 hotels.
– Some hotels hide away in the most beautiful countryside, some preside over bustling city centres, but each has its own individual character – ensuring guests enjoy a truly unique experience whether staying for business or pleasure.
– QHotels launched its national charitable partnership with the NSPCC in 2016, bringing guests and employees together to raise £300,000 for the charity over three years.
– In 2017 the QHotels group won ‘Best Recruitment Initiative’ and ‘Education & Industry Partnership’ in the Springboard UK Awards, along with a HR Distinction Award for Developing Future Talent.
– QHotels was awarded Best Venue Group Meeting Product in the 2017 M&IT awards, with winners voted for by event industry professionals.
– QHotels was named No.1 Large Group for the sixth consecutive year in BDRC’s 2016 VenueVerdict Awards, as the brand that conference and events bookers are most likely to recommend. 11 of the group’s hotels ended 2016 with VenueVerdict Gold Standard Accreditations – the highest in QHotels’ history.
– Inspired by event professionals, QHotels has launched an innovative new conference menu in 2017, bringing street food to conferences and events in the UK for the first time.
QHotels received 28 Green Tourism Business Scheme accreditations in 2016, with all hotels in the group recognised for their outstanding sustainability credentials.
Take a look at our website QHotels.co.uk
The QHotels 26: The Westerwood Hotel & Golf Resort – Near Glasgow… Slaley Hall – Hexham, Northumberland… Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel – York… The Queens – Leeds… Oulton Hall – Leeds… Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort – Yorkshire and Humberside … Tankersley Manor – Tankersley, Nr Sheffield… The Midland – Manchester… The Park Royal – Stretton, Warrington… Mottram Hall – Macclesfield, Cheshire… Crewe Hall – Crewe, Cheshire… The Nottingham Belfry – Nottingham… Belton Woods – Grantham, Lincolnshire… Telford Hotel & Golf Resort – Telford, Shropshire… Stratford Manor – Stratford-upon-Avon… The Stratford – Stratford-upon-Avon… Dunston Hall – Norwich… Chesford Grange – Kenilworth, Warwick… Hellidon Lakes Golf and Spa Hotel – Hellidon, Northamptonshire… The Cheltenham Chase Hotel – Gloucestershire… The Cambridge Belfry – Cambourne, Cambridge… The Oxford Belfry – Thame, Oxford… The Hampshire Court Hotel – Basingstoke, Hampshire… Norton Park – Winchester, Hampshire… Bridgewood Manor – Rochester, Kent… Ashford International Hotel – Ashford, Kent